Pages

7.28.2010

Apple Announces New Mac Pro With up to 12 Cores - PCWorld

Apple Announces New Mac Pro With up to 12 Cores - PCWorld


I remember myself letting out a childish grin (I was young back then, anyway) and a long "wow" when I found out that I was going to have a new desktop. While that alone could make computer-addict kid smile from ear to ear already, what made me drool (not literally, of course) were the specs of the unit. Being the curious child I was, I asked knowledgeable people about the specs and found out that the processor, an Intel Pentium 4, was then a gem in the commercial computing world.


Now I am typing this piece on an Acer notebook handed to me from my father. It's been in service for more than 3 years now, and although its specs were generally at par with most of the "good" computers released back then, its being ho-hum is beginning to show. With an Intel dual core processor (sub-2.0GHz, 533 MHz FSB, 1MB L2 cache) to boot, it could serve for an office use well. However, being the IT student that I am, one inclined to multimedia development, it just isn't enough for me.

My PC's processor's termed "dual core."
The more recent Intel processors, meanwhile, are termed "quad core."

I'm curious (I honestly am), how'd they call a 12 core processor?
I think I'm gonna wait for this.

Follow the link and read it--it would take you only a minute or so.

I know the specs might seem "heaven" for computer geeks, especially for us who live in an economy and market that'd rather spend on the basic needs than cash out precious, hard-earned money for a luxury. Yes, even if that luxury causes you to smile from ear to ear just like when you were a young kid.

Oh, and please, don't drool.

No comments:

Post a Comment